Benefits of CBD Oil
Cannabidiol or CBD as it’s better known is a popular substance nowadays. The benefits of CBD oil are many for many common ailments. CBD is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the Cannabis sativa plants.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, it’s the main component of marijuana and causes the sensation of getting “high.” Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This trait makes CBD an attractive option for those who look for relief without the mind-altering effects of marijuana. CBD oil is made by extracting the CBD from cannabis plants, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
Several Benefits of CBD Oil Backed By Evidence
- CBD relieves pain: In the human body, there’s a system called the Endocannabinoid system, which regulates several functions including appetite, sleep, and immune system response. The body produces neurotransmitters called endocannabinoids that are linked to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system. According to research, CBD helps reduce chronic pain by impacting the activity of endocannabinoid receptors reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters.
- CBD could reduce anxiety and depression: Anxiety and depression are often treated with drugs, which can cause a number of side effects including agitation, drowsiness, sexual dysfunction, insomnia, and headache. It’s possible that CBD oil can be a treatment for both anxiety and depression, giving those who live with these disorders the chance of finding a natural solution. CBD could be even used to treat insomnia and PTSD. These benefits of CBD oil are linked to the ability of CBD of acting on the receptors for serotonin, the neurotransmitter that regulates mood and social behavior.
- CBD Might Have Neuroprotective Properties: Scientists believe that one of the benefits of CBD oil is that the ability to act on the endocannabinoid system could be beneficial for people suffering from neurological disorders. Actually, one of the most researched uses for CBD is the treatment of neurological disorders like epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. Even though studies in this field are relatively new, several studies have shown promising results. Nevertheless, it’s important to mention that some people in these studies experienced secondary effects associated with CBD treatment, such as fever, fatigue, and convulsions. CBD has also been studied for its potential properties in treating several other neurological disorders.
- CBD Could Alleviate Cancer-Related Symptoms: One of the most controversial alleged benefits of CBD oil is that it can help with symptoms related to cancer. What is certain, though is that CBD can help people who suffer from cancer to handle the side effects associated with cancer treatments, like nausea, dizziness, and pain. It’s said that CBD could have cancer-fighting properties. However, there’s no evidence of that yet. Further research would be needed to prove its efficacy.
- CBD Could Help Reduce Acne: Acne is a skin condition affecting around 10% of the population. It’s caused by different factors, bacteria, inflammation of the dermis, overproduction of sebum and even genetics. According to recent scientific research, one of the benefits of CBD oil is that it may help treat acne because of its anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to reduce sebum production.
- CBD Could Be Beneficial for Heart Health: Recent studies have linked CBD with several benefits for the heart and the circulatory system, including the ability to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked to higher risks of heart conditions, including stroke and heart attack. Research indicates that CBD may be able to help with high blood pressure.
- Other Potential Benefits of CBD Oil: Even though more research is needed, CBD could potentially provide other benefits.
- Treatment against substance abuse: CBD is though to modify brain circuits related to drug addiction.
- Antipsychotic effects: CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders and reduce psychotic symptoms.
- Diabetes prevention: In studies with mice, CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes by more than 50%.